Andrew Fredricks of Avison Young discusses how marketing techniques for commercial and multifamily differ and the importance of advocating for your team.
The distinct landscapes of multifamily and commercial real estate marketing require different and nuanced approaches. Further, marketing techniques within a smaller boutique firm and a larger national company also vary significantly. Andrew Fredricks, central region director of marketing at Avison Young, knows how to navigate each circumstance with ease.
Fredricks has been with Avison Young since 2015. He has more than 15 years of experience in the marketing and journalism world and has overseen campaigns for hundreds of assets across different sectors and property types.
Throughout his career, Fredricks has mastered the ins and outs of marketing for different types of real estate. In this episode of Top Marketers, tune in to hear Multi-Housing News Associate Editor Jordana Rothberg and Fredricks discuss how his role now centers around aligning himself and his team as strategic partners to the rest of the firm.
Follow along as the two dive into:
- Fredrick’s background and current multifamily work at Avison Young (1:00)
- The differences between marketing in a boutique firm versus in-house (5:20)
- What it looks like to work on apartment deconversion campaigns (10:00)
- Going back to more antiquated marketing techniques (12:45)
- How marketing for multifamily varies from marketing for commercial (16:10)
- Why multifamily marketers act as translators (18:15)
- The importance of aligning marketing as a strategic partner (23:00)