Kelli Carhart discusses career, financing, interest rates, gender diversity in multifamily and more.
Kelli Carhart was recently appointed executive managing director and leader of capital markets for CBRE’s multifamily business in the U.S. As the first woman to serve in this role, she admits she feels immense pressure, but she’s also very excited to put her 20-year experience in the multifamily industry at her clients’ service.
After spending 17 years with Freddie Mac, transitioning into brokerage was a natural segue for Carhart. She became part of the CBRE team two years ago and, most recently, she was head of Multifamily Debt Production.
Carhart joined Multi-Housing News Senior Editor Laura Calugar for a special podcast episode of Mission Success: Women in Multifamily, dedicated to Women’s History Month. Here’s what they talked about:
- Kelli’s career path so far (1:01)
- the transition from Freddie Mac to brokerage (2:23)
- the team she currently works with (4:19)
- professional goals for this year (5:12)
- getting deals done and finding solutions for financing them in today’s economic environment (8:40)
- the high interest rate environment (10:24)
- building long-lasting business relationships in multifamily (12:30)
- gender diversity in multifamily (14:47)
- Kelli’s message for all women in multifamily (17:52)
Don’t forget to follow MHN’s podcasts on Apple Podcasts and Spotify!