ROSS Assumes Management Role at 6 Communities
- Jan 05, 2017
Bethesda, Md.–Multifamily property management firm ROSS Management Services has taken over management duties for a half dozen apartment communities in New Jersey, suburban Washington, D.C., and southern Virginia. Totaling 1,140 in number, those rental properties are a blend of market-rate and affordable communities. The assignments mark the company’s New Jersey multifamily market debut, and an expansion of its Virginia presence. A new client, Beachwold Reisdential, owns the properties.
The company plans operational upgrades to enhance resident experience, among them online and mobile rent payment, service requests and account management. Implemented as well will be the company’s acclaimed online reputation management program, designed to fortify communities’ reputations on sites like Yelp, Google and ApartmentRatings. It will also work to elevate the communities’ advertising and marketing campaigns.
This is a sizable portfolio transaction involving a diverse set of communities, both in geographic location and classification of the communities,” company CEO Dave Miskovich told MHN. “This will require more back office and operational support than typical community takeovers, which ROSS provides in abundance to all of its clients.
“In addition, the Jan. 1 takeover required flexibility on the part of all of our associates from on-site team members to senior level executives to make it a reality. However, our team of dedicated associates made it a reality.”
The six apartment communities managed are:
- 1118 Adams, Hoboken, N.J. The six-story, 90-unit brownstone uses the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program to deliver two- and three-bedroom units for families earning no more than 60 percent of AMI. It won an NAHB Best in American Living Award in 2006.
- Cottage Grove, Newport News, Va. This 552-unit market-rate property provides one-bedroom, single-level cottages and two-bedroom townhouses. The community takes part in the Rental Partnership Program, which provides military personnel with affordable off-base housing, and offers both a playground and swimming pool.
- Clearfield Apartments, Colonial Heights, Va. This 144-unit community has an income restriction and accepts housing vouchers. Amenities included are a new fitness center, pet park, volleyball court and swimming pool, as well as 24-hour emergency maintenance.
- Largo Center Apartments, Upper Marlboro, Md. Featuring 100 one- to three-bedroom units, the property is income restricted and provides quick, convenient commuting access to Washington, D.C. Apartments offer breakfast bars, spacious bedrooms and walk-in closets.
- The Vistas at Lake Largo, Upper Marlboro, Md. Aimed at seniors, this 110-unit property features one- and two-bedroom affordable units. Common area amenities include fitness center, community room, theater room and on-site barber shop/hair salon.
- Pinetree Apartments in Petersburg, Va. The 144-unit property features one-, two and three-bedroom apartment homes and is an affordable housing community with a pool. Each home has a fully equipped kitchen, washer-dryer connections and patios or balconies.
“The keys to overcoming takeover challenges of this size are constant communication and abundant resources,” Miskovich said. “We’re making communication a priority, putting more resources than necessary toward the communities and overseeing the process with our most experienced team members. We’re excited for this opportunity to put our experience and track record to work at these apartment communities.”