Flaherty & Collins Launch KC Riverfront Development
- Jun 15, 2018
Flaherty & Collins Properties and Port KC have opened Union Berkley Riverfront, a $72 million mixed-use development situated a few blocks north of downtown Kansas City, along the Missouri River. The company broke ground on the project at the end of 2016, with MW Builders overseeing construction efforts. A $51 million financing was originated by TCF National Bank, according to Yardi Matrix.
“We believe this project, with quality housing that supports the Riverfront area, is another component that will continue to build on the thriving downtown of Kansas City,” said Ryan Cronk, vice president of development with Flaherty & Collins, in a prepared statement.
Class A comfort
The community is located at 1000 Berkley Parkway and consists of 407 luxury units, 12,400 square feet of retail space and a vast number of top-of-the-line amenities such as:
- first-floor bar and coffee shop with an on-site barista
- high-speed Internet throughout the property
- 24-hour Package Center access
- a library serving as co-working and private conference space
- three hotel-style guest suites
- outdoor screening lawn
- a 1,600-square-foot fitness center
- group dining area with a kitchen
- resort-style, heated saltwater pool with wet deck and waterfall
- a 20,000-square-foot private courtyard space with fire pits, grills, furniture and Pickel Ball court
- a 1,600-square-foot private dog park featuring a dog spa
- bike lounge area with repair tools, stands, TVs, post work-out relaxation area, ping-pong and self-serve beer tap
The unit mix comprises one-, two- and three-bedroom layouts ranging in size from 550 square feet to approximately 1,600 square feet, according to Yardi Matrix. They are equipped with energy-efficient features such as LED lighting, Lyric Smart thermostats and Energy Star washer and dryers. Kitchens have wood-style floorings and oversized cabinets with custom hardware.
Residents benefit from proximity to Kansas City’s downtown, the Berkley Riverfront Park area as well as views of the city’s skyline. Interstate 29 is less than two miles away.
Images courtesy of Flaherty & Collins Properties