13 Jokes NOT to Tell Your Residents on April Fools Day
- Apr 01, 2021
It’s April 1st! Time for some practical jokes and zany hijinks, right?
But, there is a line you don’t want to cross. Don’t do anything cruel or dangerous (like telling someone you’re giving them a chocolate chip cookie but giving them an oatmeal raisin. That is both cruel to them and dangerous for you, because you might get back a totally deserved punch in the arm). Know your audience, basically. And, while I hate to be a buzzkill, if you’re a property manager, you might want to think twice about telling the following jokes to your residents:
- You’re getting evicted.
- Someone towed your car.
- Your electricity is being shut off.
- The building is infested with rats/cockroaches/bedbugs/social media influencers.
- Your apartment flooded while you were out.
- We accidentally told the mail carriers that the garbage chute was the mail box.
- We’ve overbooked the building, so we’re going to start assigning out roommates randomly.
- We’re starting construction, which will happen between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. every day.
- Intercoms are broken. Please shout down to your visitors.
- We’re going to be renting out the empty rooms on the top floor to a tap dancing studio.
- The building will no longer offer garbage service, so please take your trash with you in your pockets.
- We’ll be conducting fire drills at 3 a.m.
- What package?
PS: Thanks to IvyLee Rosario and Veronica Greco for some of the suggestions!