As commercial real estate investment professionals, we’re called to make wise decisions, yet we’re awash in often meaningless and contradictory information that passes for “data”. But how to sort the wheat from the chaff? How to form an integrated perspective that galvanizes investor interest and enables action and most importantly, results? During this three-part course, Yardi Matrix Vice President Jeff Adler will help you identify the best information to use and evaluate it more critically, drawing on extensive real estate investment experience and access to comprehensive real estate data and analysis.
This executive education program offered by the Harvard University Graduate School of Design will address:
- Secular trends driving demand in housing- age, marital trends, education, job formation, domestic and international immigration- and where to source the data to demonstrate it.
- COVID induced migration patterns and the changing nature of “office” work.
- Market and Asset Identification strategies leveraging commercially available datasets
o What makes a Regional/Local economy “tick” and where is activity concentrated?
o What is the source of wealth creation in a society & which type of “places” increase in value
o Local Demand/Supply balances- leveraging future supply pipeline data vs. est. demand
o Leveraging data on market fundamentals- rent, occupancy, supply, sales, expenses, cap rates, capital expenditures
o Societal trends in the disposition of purchasing power
o Which assets & locations are best positioned to take advantage of these drivers?
- Speeding up Underwriting Cycle times- the hidden cost of inflexibility
o Explicitly evaluating the trade-off between purchased data costs and time
o Financial Underwriting of Investment Candidates in 30 minutes or less
- Understanding the Macroeconomic & cost of capital context, including inflation/deflation
Real Estate Data to Investment Decisions:
US Multifamily & Single Family Built to Rent Housing
March 28, 30 & April 1, 2022 from 11 am-1 pm ET
Brought to you by: