Sherwin-Williams Announces New Augmented-Reality App
- May 24, 2018
Sherwin-Williams, a developer and retailer of paint, coatings and supplies, has introduced ColorSnap, a visualizing app that allows customers to use augmented reality to preview various pigment designs. Customers can test various color selections, while also being able to generate and distribute custom palettes.
Instant Paint allows smartphone cameras to recognize walls in a three-dimensional space. Using Apple and Google’s latest augmented-reality platforms, the app features 1,500 colors and is available for both iPhone and Android. Instant Paint is part of the English version of the ColorSnap Visualizer mobile app. Customers can also preview a color by uploading a photo of the space and digitally painting the walls.
The app comprises the following features:
- Kaleidoscope—allows users to zoom into any area on the color wall and see colors in sample scenes
- Match a Photo—match a photo to find paint colors
- Explore Color—allows users to build a color palette
- Locate Colors—find color cards in the store by adding them to the palette and highlight their location
- Scan Color Number—scan a color chip and see that color in painted scenes and view similar and coordinating colors
- Day and Night Lighting—allows customers to see paint colors in sample scenes in different lighting
Photos courtesy of Sherwin-Williams