Coral Rock to Build Miami Community

Upon its 2025 completion, the property will also feature workforce housing apartments.

  • Multifamily community in Miami
  • Multifamily community in Miami
  • Multifamily community in Miami
  • Multifamily community in Miami
  • Multifamily community in Miami
  • Multifamily community in Miami

Coral Rock Development Group has unveiled plans for Card Sound Key Apartments, a 342-unit community with a workforce housing component in Florida City, Fla. The City Commission unanimously approved the development in January; construction is slated to commence in the first quarter of next year and expected to be finished by early 2025.

Designed by PPKS & Associates, the project will aim for LEED Silver certification as per the Florida Green Building Coalition standards. Upon completion, the community will incorporate one-, two- and three-bedroom layouts across six four-story buildings, with 20 percent of the units designated for workforce housing; the remainder 80 percent will be market-rate rentals.

The apartments will offer a wide range of amenities, including a Vita Course with workout stations, together with a pool, barbecue area, two-story clubhouse, dog park, children’s playground and pickleball court.

Addressing the housing shortage

Card Sound Key Apartments is set to rise on a 13-acre parcel at 35800 S. Dixie Highway, the most southern development site in Miami-Dade County. The community will serve the submarkets of Ocean Reef, South Miami-Dade and the Northern Keys.

The multifamily project, the closest to the Ocean Reef Club with its daily commute of 1,200 employees, will provide much-needed supply in the Northern Keys and South Dade region, where a housing shortage persists, said Michael Wohl, principal of Coral Rock Development Group, in a prepared statement.

According to Yardi Matrix data, Coral Rock’s Miami portfolio consists of four properties in different stages of development. Other multifamily developers are also planning to add more units to the metro’s inventory. Earlier this month, Atlantic Pacific Cos. broke ground on Atlantic Station, a 616-unit, mixed-income community that will include 360 workforce housing apartments.

You May Also Like