Student Housing Strategies: How Is the Textbook Changing?
Student housing leaders come together to share their insights on growth, supply, investment and the variables that are shaping the sector.
Enrollment is on the rise at many universities across the country, which is causing a shortage of student housing. Even an active new-supply pipeline can’t keep up! Investors are also challenged by today’s uncertain market. What are the best ways to turn obstacles into opportunity?
Industry experts Greg Faulkner, president of Humphreys and Partners Architects; Ryan Lang, vice chairman & head of student housing at Newmark; Barrett Lowell, managing director & head of education asset management at Harrison Street; Donna Preiss, president of The Preiss Co.; and David Rose, CIO of student living at CA Ventures, discussed the key issues that will shape student housing in 2023.
Our panel explored:
- Supply vs. demand in the face of a questionable economy
- How financing will be impacted by the economic downturn
- The best opportunities for developers and investors
- Student housing as a recession-proof sector
- Which design elements will get you the best ROI