SALT Launches $275M Mixed-Use Development
- Jun 29, 2017
SALT Development began construction of the Hardware District, a mixed-use, four building development located at 400 West in Salt Lake City. The $275 million project will feature 466 luxury units and 260,000 square feet of office space. The Hardware District is set to feature the following projects, in which the residential buildings are scheduled for completion in February and August of 2018, respectively.
- Seven stories
- 265 units comprising studio, one- and two-bedroom floorplans
- 450 to 1,800 square feet
- 37 two-story brownstone townhomes averaging 1,400 square feet on the ground floor
- Seven stories
- 144 units comprising one- and two-bedroom floorplans
- 500 to 1,800 square feet
- Five, three-bedroom, two-story townhomes averaging 1,500 square feet on the ground floor
- 10 stories
- 200,000 square feet of Class A office space across seven floors
- Three-level 800 stall parking podium
- Connection to the historic Salt Lake Hardware building through a pedestrian plaza
- Connection to the North Temple Viaduct serving the TRAX and Frontrunner light rail
- Four stories
- Timber and glass structure
- 60,000 square feet of creative office space
- Parking podium
- Short connection to TRAX, Frontrunner and the UTA Bus stop
Apartment interiors will include stainless steel appliances, upgraded kitchen cabinets with soft close doors and drawers, glass shower doors, vessel bathroom sinks, nine- or 10-foot ceiling heights on every floor, Google Fiber and NEST controls, walk-in closets with built-in shelving, solid core doors, granite oversized dining counters with under cabinet lighting, tiled showers and tubs, single piece toilets, luxury bath fixtures, open floor plans, full-size washer/dryers and Anderson composite windows. Townhomes will include polished concrete floors, circular steel stairs, exterior front doors and upgraded cabinets with white quartz oversized dining counters.
Residents will have access to community amenities such as a clubhouse, infinity edge pool and oversized jacuzzi spa, luxury locker rooms and outdoor showers, library lounge with a bar and two-story waterfall, courtyards with fire and water fountains, the Sports Club with a video wall and pool tables, hot sauna and massage room, two-story fitness center with life fitness/hammer strength equipment and yoga room, a parcel pending package delivery system, outdoor fireplaces, barbecues, fire pits and 21 gas torches.
“Salt Lake City is on a fast track to becoming a hub for businesses with a growing population and new demographic while maintaining its roots of a hard working city,” Thomas Vegh, managing partner of SALT Development, told Multi-Housing News. “With Hardware District and 4th West Apartments, we are creating a new standard of living with ultra-luxury amenities for the new Salt Lake City resident and professional. Hardware District provides the ultimate in a live/work environment while forging a connection to the history of the city.”
The Hardware District is designed by WRNS Studio and Arch Nexus. The development will be managed by Greystar.
Images courtesy of SALT Development