Greystar, Ivanhoé Cambridge Open CA Mixed-Use Community
- Sep 18, 2018
A joint venture between Greystar Real Estate Partners and Ivanhoé Cambridge has opened Avila, a mixed-use multifamily and retail project in Old Pasadena, Calif.
Located at 75 W. Walnut St., the five-story community will comprise 201 luxury and affordable units, as well as 10,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial space. Apartments are offered in studio and one- and two-bedroom floorplans, ranging from 523 to 1,314 square feet. Thirty of the total units will be designated as affordable.
“Avila provides an unparalleled location in Old Pasadena, one of Southern California’s top entertainment and shopping districts. The project was designed to complement the surrounding landmarks and architecture, while providing residents with a modern transit-orientated community,” Perry Pound, managing director of development for Greystar, told Multi-Housing News.
Interior features include stainless steel appliances, European cabinetry, under mount sinks, plank flooring, high ceilings, washer/dryers, custom kitchen islands, quartz countertops, pendant lighting, ceramic tile bathrooms, walk-in closets and large balconies. Residents have access to community amenities including:
- barcade featuring pool table, pinball, shuffleboard and skeeball
- coworking space with meeting room, workstations and coffee bar
- clubroom with TV, ping pong, fireplace and kitchen
- outdoor courtyards with fireplaces, fire pits, TV and barbecues
- three rooftop terraces with fire pit, TV and bar
- state-of-the-art fitness center with yoga/ballet room
- resort-style heated pool and spa
- poolside cabanas
- outdoor gourmet kitchens
- dog park and washing station
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- package pickup lockers
Avila offers convenient access to several shops and restaurants, as well as the 210 Freeway and Memorial Park Gold Line stop, providing residents with a short commute to downtown Los Angeles.
In July, Greystar Real Estate Partners acquired Indigo at Twelve West, a Class A multifamily community in Portland, Ore.’s West End submarket, on behalf of its real estate funds.
Image courtesy of Greystar