Victory Medical Center Landmark Expands Facilities by 60,000 SF
- Oct 11, 2014
Victory Medical Center Landmark broke ground on a 60,000-square-foot multi-use medical building, expanding its premier medical facilities. The new development is adjacent to its existing surgical hospital, located at 1604 Loop in northwest San Antonio.
The developer in charge of the project is Houston-based Medistar, in collaboration with Tampa-based Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT. The latter is also the owner of the adjacent 84,000-square-foot Victory Medical building, which opened in 2013. Metzger Construction will lead the construction of the development.
Kaim Associates Inc. of Houston will handle the architectural aspects of the project. This is not the firm’s first collaboration with VMC, Kaim Associates having previously designed Victory Medical Center Beaumont, Victory Medical Center Forth Worth and the interior finish for Victory Medical Center Landmark, Victory Medical Center Craig Ranch and a host of other Victory Healthcare facilities.
“Victory Medical Center Landmark has experienced tremendous growth since its inception last year,” said Michael Urbach, president & COO of Victory Healthcare. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to further expand our Landmark location so that we may be able to better serve our patients and provide them with the highest-quality healthcare possible.”
The land for the development has been acquired from IH-1-/Loop 1604 Partners, which is also the developer of the master-planned community that includes a large-scale office, retail spaces and hospitality.
The construction stage of the medical building is estimated for next year, with occupancy scheduled for November 2015. The development is designed to complement the adjacent surgical hospital, with final touches to tie the project together.