Toto’s Self-Cleaning Toilet
- Jan 19, 2018
Toto—a Japanese company producing sanitary ware since 1917—has created Washlet, a fully automated, self-cleaning smart toilet.
Instead of using traditional toilet paper, the electronic bidet seat cleanses you with warm water after toileting. What’s more, it also helps you keep your toilet bowl clean and hygienic without the use of any harsh chemicals.
The main features include:
- deodorizer (the air is filtered and purified)
- dryer (warm-air drying with adjustable temperature)
- Actlight (zirconium coating combined with UV light for an antibacterial effect that breaks down waste)
- EcoCap (fuller aerated water stream)
- self-power (sensor-activated faucet generates its own electricity)
- Auto-functions (technologies activated by human movement)
- luminist (translucent epoxy resin material)
- Hydrotect (photocatalytic self-cleaning glaze)
- premist (water spray that wets the bowl before use)
- heated seat (warm seat—an integrated sensor maintains the desired setting between 82 and 97 degrees F)
- rear soft spray with oscillating or pulsating functions
- front cleanse (warm water spray with adjustable water temperature and pressure)
- self-cleaning wand
- auto open & close lid (sensor-operated, the lid opens and closes automatically)
- 3d tornado flush (intelligent flushing technology that allows the user to choose between a 0.9- or 1.28-gallon flush)
- CeFiONtect glaze (prevents visible and invisible waste from sticking to ceramic surfaces)
- universal height (allows use across a wide range of users)
- ewater+ (electrolyzed water is a proven disinfectant used in food preparation and cleaning and, after each use, ewater+ mists the bowl with, reducing the need for harsh cleaning chemicals)
The product complies with ADA guidelines, thus being suitable for health-care facilities.
Several years ago, Toto developed Hydrotect, a nanotechnology built to improve the health properties of the built environment.
Image courtesy of Toto