The Local Breaks Ground in Tempe
- Jul 17, 2017
A new mixed-use development known as The Local officially broke ground in downtown Tempe, Ariz. Forum Real Estate Group is the developer of the nine-story apartment community anchored by Whole Foods Market 365.
The development project will occupy an 80,938-square foot parcel at the intersection of University Drive and Ash Avenue. Whole Foods Market 365 will take the entire ground floor with three floors of parking directly above: one for shoppers and two additional levels reserved for residents. The remaining five floors will be occupied by 286 residential units, averaging 739 square feet each. Community amenities will include:
- resort-style pools with bubbling jet water table and hot tub
- a courtyard with mister-equipped cabanas, covered grilling and dining areas, sunbathing decks and indoor/outdoor bar
- sound-proof karaoke/music/entertainment lounge with views and access to the out
- a fitness center equipped with modern cardio, weight and circuit training equipment
- separate yoga/Zen studio with outdoor terrace
- a ninth-floor rooftop sky lounge with dual-sided fireplace, catering prep kitchen, entertainment/lounge space and outdoor drink rail.
Humphreys & Partners is the architect for the project which blends exposed concrete and brick, distressed and rich wood tones and living plant and art details. Studios, one-, two and three-bedroom floorplans will be available, all including high-end finishes and sophisticated accents that mix vintage inspiration with a modern design.
Rendering courtesy of Forum Real Estate Group