The Donaldson Group Announces Executive Restructuring
- Aug 27, 2012
Rockville, Md.—The Donaldson Group LLC (TDG) of Rockville, Md., has announced an executive restructuring. The restructuring involved promoting and hiring several executives:
- Carlton Einsel, who previously served as executive vice president, is now TDG’s president.
- TDG’s founder and former president, Walter Donaldson is now CEO.
- Scott Jones has joined TDG to serve as senior vice president of property management. With over 30 years of multifamily management experience, Jones previously was CEO of Edgewood Management Corp. of Germantown, Md.
- John Majeski, whose prior position was vice president and director of acquisitions, is now senior vice president of acquisitions and business development.
- Scott Altman is senior vice president of asset management, having served previously as senior vice president and director of property and construction management.
- Michelle Heim is the firm’s new marketing director. She joins TDG from The Apartments of St. Charles (MD), where she worked as marketing manager and leasing manager.
As another aspect of the restructuring, TDG is expanding its business to include the management of affordable housing, including Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties. TDG recently took over the management of three rental apartment communities in Ohio, all of which are financed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Founded in 1998 by Walter R. Donaldson, CPM, The Donaldson Group, LLC is a full-service real estate management and investment firm offering comprehensive services and expertise in property and asset management; accounting and financial management; investment, underwriting, and acquisition analysis; and construction management and renovation services. Since 2003, TDG has taken over management of 18,000 multifamily units, has advised clients on over $1.25 billion of acquisitions comprising approximately 12,000 units, and has managed more than $150 million of renovation work. During the same time period, TDG has advised clients in disposing of over $1 billion in real property investments, comprising approximately 9,000 units. TDG’s transactions have resulted in excellent returns for investors: weighted average gross levered IRR of 30.9% and weighted average equity multiple of 1.9x. For more information, visit www.thedonaldsongroup.com.