On Sept. 4, 6, 25 NYSERDA will Host Free Multifamily Energy Efficiency Seminars
- Aug 15, 2013
Albany, NY—To make it easier to undertake energy-efficiency projects in multifamily buildings, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is holding seminars on Sept. 4, 6 and 25 in Tarrytown (Westchester County), Manhattan and Buffalo, respectively.
The free seminars will connect multifamily building owners, property managers, developers and board members of condominium and co-op associations with NYSERDA experts and engineering resources to begin taking advantage of NYSERDA’s Multifamily Energy Performance Portfolio (MEPP). The seminar series will also include afternoon sessions for contractors, builders, HVAC specialists and non-profit advocacy organizations interested in growing their businesses by becoming a Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) Partner.
Sessions will be held at the following times and locations:
Tarrytown, Sept. 4 at the Double Tree Inn by Hilton Tarrytown, 455 South Broadway, Tarrytown, N.Y.
• Owners of existing multifamily buildings, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
• Businesses interested in becoming an MPP Partner, noon to 2:00 p.m.
Manhattan, Sept. 6 at the SUNY Global Center, 116 East 55th Street, N.Y.
• Owners of existing multifamily buildings, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., in the Global Classroom
• Developers of multifamily new construction projects, 8:30a.m. to 10:30 a.m., in the Tiered Classroom
• Condo & Co-op owners interested in submetering, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Tiered Classroom
• Businesses interested in becoming MPP Partners, noon to 2:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., in the Global Classroom
Buffalo, Sept. 25 at the Holiday Inn Downtown Buffalo, 620 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, N.Y.
• Owners of existing multifamily buildings, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Businesses interested in becoming an MPP Partner, noon to 2:00 p.m.
Multifamily building owners, property managers, developers, and members of condominium and co-op boards can click here to register for these free seminars. To learn more about becoming a MPP Partner and to register for an afternoon session, visit NYSERDA.
MEPP offers a variety of customizable energy-efficiency programs that make it easier and more affordable to upgrade multifamily buildings. The seminars will provide an overview of the technical assistance and incentives that are available, along with panel presentations by multifamily building experts who have already helped owners successfully implement energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives at existing buildings and new construction projects. Attendees at the building-owner and developer sessions will learn how to: Select the most appropriate path for implementing energy efficiency; qualify for cash-back incentives; become eligible for bonus incentives of up to $300 per apartment; decrease building energy use through submetering of electric billing. Properties that make energy-efficiency upgrades can generally realize significant cost savings and offer residents units that are more comfortable, healthier and sustainable.