New Cooling/Heating System Makes Building Owners’/Managers’ Jobs Easier
- Oct 06, 2015
By Andie Lowenstein, Associate Editor
Suwanee, Ga.—North America’s leading marketer of advanced cooling and heating systems for commercial applications released a new controller for building owners and managers.
Mitsubishi Electric US Inc. Cooling & Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric) presented Diamond Controls Solutions and the DC-600E Integration Controller. These products provide building managers and owners an innovative product-services package that joins complete building controls with top-notch customer service from Mitsubishi Electric’s Professional Solutions Group (PSG).
The grouping of a quality product of advanced controls and versatile service is unique to Mitsubishi Electric’s building management offering and guarantees managers and owners can make the most of their budgets and time. PSG is involved in every step of the integration process, including design, programming, installation, training and follow-up – steps usually handled by multiple different contractors. By offering a single integrated solution through a reliable provider, the DC-600E Integration Controller improves the speed of the integration process and cuts down the risk of integration mishaps.
HVAC is the main important feature that commercial controls systems manage. Picking controls that are centered on a facility’s HVAC system is the logical choice. Facilities using Mitsubishi Electric’s Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) zoning systems along with the DC-600E Integration Controller can capitalize on VRF’s energy efficiency, helping to save energy and enrich occupant comfort.
In addition to allowing managers and owners to maximize their investments, the Diamond Controls Solution product-services package offers benefits such as:
- Efficiency gain – The systems come with built-in sensors and the controls use the standard cooling and heating building controls best practices.
- Lower cost – A manager can use the controls to adjust cooling or heating, shut off lights, turn off water features, etc. – all around the facility’s optimal schedule. Managers can also schedule setbacks around the weather forecast; Diamond Controls Solution service can check the ambient temperature conditions and automatically adjust.
- Ease of use – Diamond Controls Solutions service can be accessed at any time from any location. Remote access eliminates the bind of touching a physical thermostat.
Extra features of Diamond Controls Solution include:
- Management from A to Z – Building managers can control numerous tenant spaces within the same building, multiple buildings on a site and multiple sites. The controlled systems can come from any manufacturer; an HVAC system from one company can be managed alongside an outdoor lighting system from another company. Diamond Controls Solutions can incorporate almost any automated feature.
- High-level display – The displayed trends, reports and analyses unveil in real time how the building’s systems are reacting to user behavior, building conditions and ambient conditions. Displayable trends include: building and space occupancy, CO2 levels, energy generation (solar), energy usage and humidity levels, and more. The information is displayed using a secure Web page.
- Strong and secure software – Diamond Controls Solutions runs on Tridium’s Niagara Framework software (Niagara). Tridium is a global leader in open architecture automation software and an independent business entity of Honeywell International, Inc.