Midwest Student Housing Properties Up for Sale
- Sep 15, 2015
Triad Real Estate Partners has brought more than 4,500 beds of student housing properties with an aggregate value of over $200 million to the market for sale. These assets are located in both top tier and secondary markets and universities throughout the Midwest.
According to the brokerage firm, sellers are now looking to take advantage of the aggressive cap rates that buyers are willing to pay for well-located student assets throughout the country. Properties in the Midwest continue to attract East Coast, West Coast and international investors.
Some of the properties Triad is currently marketing for sale include:
- Advantage Portfolio – 457 Beds – University of Illinois
- The Villas at Happy Valley – 435 Beds – Penn State University
- Campus Point – 352 Beds – Illinois State University
- Marquette Development Site – Up to 400 Beds – University of Illinois
- Village Promenade – 522 Beds – Ball State University
- Star Portfolio – 2,337 Beds – Northern, Western & Southern Illinois Universities
As most universities throughout the country continue to see increases in enrollment, the student housing sector remains one of the best categories for yield buyers looking for consistently strong returns.