It’s Spooky SZN!: 7 Reasons Property Managers Benefit by Celebrating Halloween
- Oct 01, 2021
It’s October, which means it’s officially SPOOKY SZN, people! (That’s the cool thing to call the time before Halloween. Am I right, fellow kids?)
Are you going to do something in your community to celebrate Halloween this year?
You totally should.
Besides for it being fun, it can be really beneficial for you in terms of resident retention and attracting new renters. But this goes beyond just having the person at the front desk wear one of those flashing Happy Halloween pins. You have to put in some effort, starting as soon as possible, but you’ll [Grim] reap some considerable rewards (ha! I slay myself. Boom! Another one!).
Here are seven ways you can benefit from celebrating Halloween (or really, any holiday) at your community.
- You’ll get a lot of content for your social media accounts. What better way to show off what a fun place the apartment is that showing off your residents in costumes or your 12-foot Home Depot skeleton just chilling by the pool?
- You’ll have access to candy.
- Resident engagement for programs will be high. Hosting events is shown to increase retention by 5 percent. The past year and a half might have been difficult to get a lot of resident participation, but everyone loves Halloween (plus people are encouraged to wear masks now anyway).
- You can give your virtual tours a little zip. Virtual tours for perspective residents became really popular during quarantine during COVID-19. And these tours won’t be going anywhere, even after the pandemic. So why not make yours stand out with your orange plastic pumpkin buckets on the counters or by playing spooky music in the background. (Just don’t put cobwebs in staged units, because then people might just think you don’t vacuum.)
- There will be lots of candy around.
- You’ll increase word-of-mouth marketing. If you offer something cool or shareable like a pet costume contest or a haunted house, your residents are more likely to talk about it (and don’t forget your leasing and onsite team as well!) and recommend your community to their friends who might be looking for a place to rent. Even better if they’re micro-influencers, and can get the word out to their followers.
- Did I mention the candy?
What other benefits are there to celebrating Halloween at your community? How are you celebrating? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Post your comments on our Facebook page or send a tweet to @MHNOnline or @jfiur. And happy spooky szn, everyone!