Chicago—The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) and the University of Nebraska – Omaha (UNO), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that outlines a collaborative relationship to advance the real estate management profession through education and encourage interest in the profession as an attractive career opportunity.
IREM has long been committed to promoting real estate management careers and attracting a pool of new talent to the industry through academic outreach. The University of Nebraska’s Real Estate Program, housed within the institution’s College of Business Administration, is dedicated to developing the highest caliber of real estate professionals and future real estate industry leaders. UNO offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics. Graduates from the program are equipped with a practical and robust skill set to solve diverse and complex real estate challenges.
Under the terms of the MOU, IREM will:
- Recognize UNO as a provider of real estate education on IREM’s website and in other promotional materials.
- Recognize UNO’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics degree as one that fulfills the specified educational requirements for IREM’s CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER® (CPM®) designation.
- Provide UNO with resource material to use in developing its real estate curriculum and materials about careers in real estate management for distribution to its students.
- Connect UNO to IREM’s Nebraska Chapter No. 12 for purposes of mutual collaboration.
For its part, UNO will, among other initiatives:
- Recognize IREM as a principal provider of real estate management education and credentials.
- Promote the fact that UNO’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics degree fulfills the specified educational requirements for IREM’s CPM® designation.
- Utilize IREM® textbooks and resource material, as appropriate, to develop and deliver its real estate management curriculum.
- Make information aboutIREM’s Student Membership program available on the UNO website.