Five IREM Members Honored with Professional Achievement Awards
- Oct 22, 2013
Chicago—The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) recently honored five long-time members with its “Professional Achievement” Award. The award recognizes individuals who have earned an IREM-conferred credential who (1) have continued on with their professional development activities and (2) have realized outstanding professional accomplishments beyond earning their IREM® credential.
Honorees must meet seven of 12 specific award criteria and document them in writing. Among the criterion: teaching an IREM® course or seminar; contributing to an IREM® publication or facilitating a webinar; holding an IREM® leadership position at the national and/or local level; participating in professional associations other than IREM and/or community service activities for at least three years; attending at least 10 hours of professional education courses sponsored by IREM or other groups. As well, they must be endorsed by their local IREM® chapter and be approved by IREM’s Membership & Credentialing Committee.
The honorees are:
- John N. Gallagher, CPM®, senior vice president of Polinger Shannon and Luchs Company, Chevy Chase, Md. A past IREM® president, Gallagher is responsible for the residential, commercial office and retail portfolio of real estate assets managed by the firm, including 4990 residential apartments, four million square feet of office space, and 48,500 square feet of retail space. As well, he manages 325 property and 17 corporate employees.
- Emily Goodman, CPM®, ARM®, regional property manager with CORE Realty Holdings Management Inc., Greensboro, N.C. Goodman oversees a portfolio of 10 properties.
- Michael A. McCreary, CPM®, president of McCreary Realty Management, Inc., AMO®, Marietta, Ga. McCreary is the principal broker with the firm and directs all of its operations.
- M. Kristine (Kris) Moore, CPM®, CCIM, CPA, senior vice president and principal with Cassidy Turley, Indianapolis, Ind. Moore is responsible for the oversight of two suburban Indianapolis office park portfolios totaling over one million square feet. She also has account management duties for another large office portfolio in Indianapolis.
- Steven Savoca, CPM®, commercial property manager with Konar Properties, W. Henrietta, N.Y. Savoca is responsible for the daily operations and tenant relations of a portfolio of commercial properties consisting of four industrial warehouses totaling 595,000 square feet; two office buildings totaling 66,000 square feet; and 37,336 square feet of retail space located in six buildings.