EdR Acquires Community Steps from Oregon State U
- Jan 13, 2017
Corvallis, Ore.–EdR has announced its acquisition of The Retreat at Corvallis. The housing community serves the students of Oregon State University in Corvallis, Ore., and is situated within walking distance of that campus.
Opened to students in 2015, The Retreat at Corvallis features 1,016 beds and a mix of one-, two- three-, four- and five-bedroom floor plans. Those plans are spread between traditional apartment configurations, which comprise 60 percent of the units, and cottages, which make up the remaining 40 percent of residences.
Amenities at the community include a clubhouse; multiple workout spaces including resort-style pool, cardio room, weight room and yoga; bike storage; complimentary coffee bar; indoor golf simulator; game room; tanning; and computer lab. Within the cottages, amenities include private bedrooms, private bathrooms and Wi-Fi.
“With 95 percent occupancy this year and a location pedestrian to campus, this community is a great complement to our top-of-class student housing portfolio,” said EdR President Tom Trubiana. “When paired with our development at Boise State, this community significantly increases our footprint in the Northeast.”
Recording a Fall, 2016 enrollment of 30,354, Oregon State University, is one of but two universities nationwide–and the only public institution–to hold land-grant, sea-grant, space-grant and sun-grant status. In just the last six years, the institution has added more than 6,500 students to its academic rolls.
Nationally-recognized programs in Environmental Science and Engineering, as well as Forestry and Agricultural Sciences, are among the disciplines attracting students to the university, which in 2018 will celebrate the 150th anniversary of its being chartered.
Based in Memphis, Tenn., EdR owns or manages 87 student housing communities encompassing more than 45,400 beds, serving 54 universities in 25 states.