BCRE Completes Condo Conversion of 19th-Century ‘Palace of Jewels’
- Jan 28, 2008
By Anuradha Kher, Online News Editor New York– Brack Capital Real Estate (BCRE), a global real estate firm, has finished remodeling 15 Union Square West, which served as the headquarters of Tiffany & Co. in the late 19th century.The renovated building, which used to be nicknamed the Palace of Jewels, now consists of 36 two- and three-bedroom luxury condominiums ranging from 1,763 to 3,164 sq. ft. Architect and designer Eran Chen of Perkins Eastman and interior designer Vicente Wolf worked on the original 1870 design by John Kellum. BCRE restored the five-story building’s historic cast-iron arches, wrapped it in a translucent, layered glass skin and added seven new floors to it.Residences on the first six floors of 15 Union Square West retain the original ceiling heights of up to 16 feet and the cast iron arches of the original building. Condominiums on the new floors feature large outdoor terraces. The building amenities include a pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, private storage facility and valet parking with concierge service. Sales for the condominiums are expected to start in February 2008 and the anticipated occupancy date is set for Fall 2008.