Baltimore’s McHenry Row Mixed-Use Community Signs Two New Tenants
- Jun 07, 2015
The McHenry Row mixed-use community in Baltimore has just signed two more tenants. Two national companies have leased almost 16,000 square feet of space in the project that formerly housed the headquarters of Phillips Seafood Company.
Gilbane Building Company has signed the largest of the two leases. The Rhode Island-based company will occupy 12,000 square feet of space in the building at 1215 E. Fort Ave. It plans to move about 50 of its employees to the new location this fall. Peter Kimmel of CBRE represented the tenant in this transaction.
Kimley Horn is the second tenant. The national engineering firm plans to open a new office in Baltimore. It signed a lease for 3,400 square feet of space in McHenry Row II.
Mark Sapperstein of 28 Walker Development acquired the Phillips Foods Inc. warehouse in Locust Point, in November 2013, with the intention to expand the nearby $130 million McHenry Row mixed-use project, which opened in 2012. He paid $18.4 million for the office and industrial complex, which offers 190,000 square feet of space, in two separate buildings. Sapperstein is now overseeing the conversion of the site.
McHenry Row currently offers office and retail space, apartments and structured parking. Its tenant roster includes Under Armour and the Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund, Baltimore’s first Harris Teeter and restaurants such as World of Beer, The Greene Turtle and Umi Sake. Joe Nolan and David Fritz of NAI KLNB are the exclusive listing agents for McHenry Row.
Photo credit: www.mchenryrow.com