By Adrian Maties, Associate Editor
According to PropertyShark 750 East Pratt Street was constructed in 2002. It is located in Baltimore’s Central Business District, within walking distance of the city’s Inner Harbor. The Class A office building offers its tenants 364,000 of space, a conference center, a fitness center and parking, in a multi-level garage connected to 750 East Pratt Street via a sky bridge. Tenants include Constellation Energy, Venable LLP and Hord Coplan Macht.
750 East Pratt Street was LEED EB Gold certified in 2011 and, in 2013, it received its BOMA 360 designation. The office building achieved LEED Platinum certification by:
- Enhancing energy performance and earning the Environmental Protection Agency’s prestigious ENERGY STAR;
- Implementing a comprehensive tenant and vendor education and engagement program to further various sustainable and energy efficiency practices;
- Diverting over 50 percent of all ongoing consumables and 100 percent of all durable goods and electronic waste from the landfill;
- Retrofitting five stairwells with occupancy motion sensors and LED lighting;
- Installing occupancy motion sensors in over 95 percent of the building.
“Achieving recertification was a team effort led by Cassidy Turley’s Lee Dunfee, Senior Vice President of Engineering Operations and building owner Nancy Hackerman, along with the tenants and vendors,” Pat Thompson, senior property manager at Cassidy Turley, said in a news release. “The property management team created and maintains an efficient and sustainable environment. Improving energy efficiency and sustainability is always a work in progress. The building has realized a 42 percent reduction in energy consumption over the past five years, achieving a year-over-year reduction in energy use.”
Photo credit: Google Maps